Friday, March 9, 2007

My kids are really awesome.






There are just some things I want to remember about my kids.

*******
Maddy calls scissors "zizzors."
*******
Major calls Thomas the Tank Engine "Thomas the Wank Engine."
*******
A few weeks ago, in the car, my son looked at my daughter and said "I. Am going to GET YOU. I am going to wait until you're in your room and I'm going to GET YOU."

Alarmed, Maddy said, "What?!"

And Major replied, "Oh yeah. I'm going to get you."
*******

Celebrating the Big 0-3
A couple of weeks ago, we had Major's birthday party at the local Zoo. He had a few little friends from school come along. The Zoo gave him his own birthday train for just the participants in the party and he could not have been a happier little dude. Whenever someone would show up for the party, he would yell "IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!!!!!" with all the excitement of a child who had been waiting for his birthday for about four months - or since his sister's birthday. He got lots of wonderful presents and was just as absolutely thrilled as I had hoped he would be. It was a perfect party. He had a cupcake with birthday candles and we sang - it was the perfect 3rd birthday. It even had tigers.

Have You Terrified Your Three-Year-Old Today?
The next day, that Sunday, we took the children to the rodeo to ride rides and have fun. They rode the ponies, visited the petting zoo, took cowboy pictures and basically had a fantastic time. After all that, we went over so they could ride rides. They rode the carousel and a motorcycle ride and some other kiddie rides. THEN, they discovered a ride called "Ladybugs," which was a train with lots of little hills that went around in a circle and then stopped and went around that same circle backwards. It didn't look too fast or anything, and Major was tall enough to ride it. He and Maddy got on and off they went. As it went faster and faster, he looked more and more dismayed until he was full-on sobbing. Halfway through, the ride slowed down and then stopped in order to go backwards. I asked the operator if he could stop the ride so I could retrieve my hysterical boy.

He said: "Why? He ain't hurt."

I said: "You're right."

The ride carried on and then when it was over, Mike retrieved Major, who was sobbing so hard he could barely breathe.

I am a horrible mother.

I cuddled him, but he cried for nearly 20 minutes and kept saying "SO SCARED! IT WAS SO SCARY!"

It started raining right then, so we went home. I still feel terrible about it, though.
*******

I recently went on a trip. On Monday night, I was tucking Maddy into bed and she said "Mama, I missed you a really lot."

3 comments:

Minty Fresh Mommy said...

I can't believe our little ones are turning 3!! We'll definitely have to plan to get together soon.

Heather said...

THey sound (and look!) adorable!!!

Bethany said...

"Thomas the Wank Engine."
- My English relatives will get a kick out of that! LOL! Poor kiddo - that lady bug ride sounds awful. And I already miss you a really lot too. xxoo - B