Monday, January 29, 2007

A Momentous First Post

Gmail suggests I should write something about scooters. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about scooters.

I'm not convinced I know much about anything, which will likely be the focus of this blog. I think, tonight I intend to do a little recaplet of Heroes, and maybe tomorrow I'll cover a quick review of Dreamgirls which I saw this weekend.

And can I just say that I hate Deal or No Deal, while finding myself inexplicably drawn to it?

You can probably expect copious discussion of food, sports (I am a Sports Gal - I'll watch anything except BASEball), running (or trying to learn how to), music, parenting, writing and whatever else is floating around in my brain.

So, maybe this is really a teaser post - teasing you for the Momentous First Post. Coming soon, to this blog right here.

11 comments:

~AD said...

Dude. What's the Paranoid Couch story? A girl's gotta know!

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging!

Heather New said...

The Paranoid Couch Story:

Some years ago, I was at my mom's house with my brother and his then-girlfriend. He had spent the entire day randomly throwing stuff at us and finally I sat on the couch and created a protective cocoon with the cushions.

His girlfriend said "You're LEAVING me out here?? EXPOSED??"

And I said "You can come over here with me on the paranoid couch!"

We decided that if I ever fronted a punk band, it would be called Paranoid Couch. It works even better as a blog. :)

cheribear said...

I'm HEEEERE! I'm here I'm here I'm here.

Where would you like me to pee?

Sarah said...

Swoon! I would totally join you on the paranoid couch! And I would also like to play the recorder in your punk band.

We should all be called Paranoid *name*. Because the name Paraniod Sarah is so hardcore.

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

Yay, Heather has a blog!

Christy said...

Watch anything EXCEPT football? Is that a typo?

Heather New said...

It is indeed a typo - I'm starting to get nice and sick, so my energy level is at the very bottom of the barrel, which means I lose critical brain power. LOL

I've fixed it, I think. It should have said BASEBALL.

Karen said...

Congrats on the new blog.

I hate baseball, too. The only thing more boring is watching grass grow.

Eleanor said...

Happy new blog, Heather :)

Chelsea said...

Well, how about this...a bright, shiny, new blog! looooooooovely!!

Susan said...

Heather!!! You're HERE!! Yay!!