Tuesday, January 30, 2007

PSAs Don't Work

For the last few weeks, I've been seeing all of these adorable ads for flu symptoms starring Mumble Happyfeet from the movie, well... Happy Feet. And every time I see one, I think "Awww, how cute - it's Mumble!" And that's all I think. I never really soak in the whole point of the PSA. That is to say, until today, I couldn't tell you what the symptoms of the flu are. Today, at Major's pediatrician's office, I learned them firsthand, because I have them. Fever, Aches, Chills, Tiredness and Sudden Onset of Symptoms. So, FACTS. And now I will probably associate that cute little penguin with disgusting illness. And, also, just so's you know - you might not even have congestion or a sore throat or anything more than a dry cough. Which is what I have. And that's my personal Public Service Announcement to you.

So: What Everyone Wants To Know.
This weekend, Colts over Bears. Indianapolis has a quarterback that wants this REEEEEAL bad. Chicago has Sexy Rexy. Yes, he is sexy. But he likes to throw to the other team. Chicago's defense is awesome, but here's a quote from Peyton Manning a few years ago: "I tell you it's Easter, you hunt for eggs." He said that to one of his receivers. He means bidness. I may come back with numbers analysis later this week.

Much like Deal or No Deal, I'm continuously sucked into American Idol. It's not particularly good, but here I am anyway. Although, this is where they found Jennifer Hudson.

It's a crappy segue, but I'm going with it anyway.

I saw Dreamgirls on Sunday with my friend Katie, and was blown away. I love that show, and I was sort of worried about what Hollywood was going to do to it. I ended up loving it. Jennifer Hudson and Eddie Murphy deserve every possible accolade. It was just fantastic. Of course, I'm biased because I loved the original. One thing I was surprised about, though, was how blatant they were about the fact that this is all loosely based on Diana Ross and Mary Wilson. There was nothing subtle about that. They even recreated very famous Diana Ross photographs with Beyonce. So, that surprised me. It was super, super good.

This entry is sort of disjointed, and I'm totally blaming that on the flu. Because normally, I'm awesome.

4 comments:

Laura said...

I'm going to take myself to go see "Dreamgirls" this weekend. I've been wanting to see it and now that you've given it a good review, I'm there. :) Where's your Heroes recaplet?? I was looking forward to that too!

Christy said...

No no no! Don't recap Heroes! I'm a week behind. Or recap "Godsend" instead. That's the one I watched last night and I won't get to the next one until this weekend.

Melissa said...

I have been wanting to see that movie! And you know, if you like it, then I am bound to as well...now I have something to look forward to!

Lisa @ The Plain-Spoken Pen said...

I loved Dreamgirls! Jennifer Hudson just blew me away.

I'm sorry about the flu. It sucks. I know. Hope you're all better soon.

And yes, you are awesome, even when you're under the weather. :-)