Friday, June 15, 2007

I can't remember poetry.

When I was in middle school, I loved Edgar Allen Poe's "Annabel Lee."

When I was in high school, I loved Maya Angelou's "Phenomenal Woman."

Now I'm a wife, a mom, and sometimes a sort of intellectual. I know I like Sara Teasdale. I know I like e.e. cummings. I know I like W.H. Auden. (Apparently, I only like people with initials instead of names.)

I just don't know what poem I like best. It's been so long since I've even contemplated poetry - I gave that up as a genre for myself a very long time ago. I'm a tiresome and uninspired poet.

So, Katie has inspired me (see the "slightly savage" blog link to the right). This weekend, I'm going to figure out what my favorite poem is.

1 comment:

Katie Alender said...

I can't wait! Look at me here lurking around.

PS - the new link is www.katiealender.com.