Monday, June 18, 2007

The Problem with the Digital Age

It occurred to me this weekend that my kids are going to miss out on an awesome thing by being part of the digital age: cassette tapes.

My kids won't be able to hold the tape recorder up and tape songs off the radio. They won't be able to tape-record themselves reading really annoying kid books out loud to their dolls. Or their siblings. Or just for the hell of it.

They won't know the exquisite annoyance of fast-forwarding through a song you HATE to get to the only song you bought the stupid cassette for in the first place.

And they won't even KNOW they're missing it! How sad is that?

1 comment:

Sara said...

I remember making SO many cassettes with my cousin when we were young!! We would pretend we were radio DJs and would do random silly talking and then play songs from our collection of music and then we would "go to commercial" and come up with some stupid commercial for some silly product that we thought was funny at the time. My other cousin somehow got a hold of these tapes and is now holding them hostage for future blackmail purposes. Haha.